I recently created @AskHistorians reddit sourced Twitter account, which pulls from /r/AskHistorians, but I wanted a history twitter bot that pulled from multiple history-related subreddits. So I created @HistoryReddit (@AskHistorians is dead now and has become @HistoryReddit).
Here is the list of the subreddits along with the score criteria and the approximate number of tweets/day for each:
- /r/AskHistorians – 200 (2.20 tweets/day)
- /r/History – 100 (2.10 tweets/day)
- /r/battlepaintings – 20 (0.87 tweets/day)
- /r/USHistory – 20 (0.40 tweets/day)
- /r/AncientRome – 50 (0.23 tweets/day)
- /r/AncientEgypt – 20 (0.10 tweets/day)
- /r/AncientGreece – 25 (0.10 tweets/day)
- /r/MedievalHistory – 30 (0.10 tweets/day)
- /r/WorldHistory – 20 (0.03 tweets/day)
All [tweets]/[day] numbers are approximate based on last months activity at the time I wrote this. Tweet at me (@DavidDiGiovanni) if you think a score qualification should be changed or if a subreddit should be added/removed to the list.